What is Cakap Privat?
An online, private foreign language learning program that involves two-way interaction through video calls.
Enhance Your Foreign Language Skills with Cakap!
Distance and time no longer become obstacles in taking foreign language courses.
Set schedules, choose teachers, anywhere and anytime.
Cakap collaborates with Sanata Dharma to provide the English curriculum.
Cakap collaborates with Beijing Language and Culture collage, one of the best colleges in Beijing, to provide Mandarin teachers and learning curriculum.
Cakap collaborates with Aki No Sora, a professional Japanese language institute, to provide Japanese teachers and learning curriculum.
Cakap collaborates with LBI FIB Universitas Indonesia to provide Indonesian Language for Foreigners teachers and learning curriculum.
Our professional teachers are ready to help you solve your language barriers. Start learning with them and get the best experience.
One App to Fulfill Your Learning Needs
Feel free to choose your preferred time and teacher.
Download them on your mobile app
Track your learning progress by seeing your teachers' comments.
Interactive learning process through in-app video call.
What They Say
Cakap Student Testimonial : Jonathan Krissantoso
In less than a year, I’ve become more confident in communicating with foreign clients and creating documents in English. Moreover, I can set my own schedule for a whole week. I recommend Cakap as the solution for your language barriers.
Teachers at Cakap are able to explain something difficult in easy ways.
I can learn Mandarin with native teachers from China. I have just started learning for 2 months, but I've become confident to communicate in Mandarin.
It's comfortable for people having tight schedule. I can have classes at night, or during my business trips.
Supply Chain Specialist
My teacher could teach me pronunciation in details with excellent. It is very precious to learn Bahasa Indonesia from my country, Japan, with flexible time.
How It Works
Take placement test for free to find out your foreign language skill level.
Choose your preferred learning package and payment method.
Book classes, meet teachers; do them continuously until you reach fluency.
Only 25-45 minutes a day to reach fluency
Tight schedule stops you no more. Sign up now and be confident in speaking foreign languages.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Basic Info
- How It Works
- Curriculum and Certification
Cakap Privat is a 6-month or 1-year foreign languages e-learning program that involves two-way interactions using smartphones (through Cakap mobile app) or laptops (through RTC).
English, Mandarin, Japanese, and Bahasa Indonesia.
It's a 25-minute class for English and a 45-minute class for Mandarin, Japanese, or Bahasa Indonesia.
For Mandarin course, Cakap provides:
- Regular Mandarin
- Mandarin for Business
- Mandarin Conversation
- General English (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert)
- Grammar Focus
- Test preparations (TOEFL, IELTS, & TOEIC)
- English for Kids
- Job Interview
- Business English
- Free Talk (learning is done without any fixed materials; only talking about random stuffs)
- General Japanese
- JLPT Preparation (N2-N5)
- General Indonesian (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
You can choose one of these packages for each language you want to learn:
- Brush Up (1 session/ day)
- Skills Building (2 sessions/ day)
- Intensive (3 sessions/ day) and you can choose 6-month or a-year learning period for the packages above
After registering, you will get free trial class for once. In your free session, you'll have a placement test. Your placement test result will be received in 24 hours since your placement test time.
You can book your classes through the website or Cakap mobile app:
How to book via mobile app:
- Choose "Booking" tab on the main menu
- Schedules will be shown in grids. Green grids represent schedules that you can book, whereas red grids represent occupied schedules
- Tap on a schedule you prefer
- Tap "Book" button under the photo of the teacher you've chosen
- Confirmation pop-up will be shown. Tap "Yes" if you wish to book the certain schedule and teacher, tap "Back" if you change your mind instead.
How to book via website:
- Choose "Book Class" menu on navigation bar which is on the left side
- Choose "Calendar" sub-menu
- Schedules will be shown in grids. Blue grids represent schedules that you can book, red grids represent occupied schedules, and gray grids represent unavailable schedules as there are no teachers who open the slots.
- Click on a schedule you prefer
- Click on the teacher's photo to choose the teacher whom you want to study with
- Click "Book Class" to confirm your booking, click "Cancel" if you want to change the schedule or the teacher
Note: You're allowed to book at least 6 hours before your preferred class starts.
You can download the materials through the website or Cakap mobile app.
Via website, you can find them on Materials menu on the navigation which is on the left side.
Via mobile app, you can find them on My Class tab of the main menu, then tap Materials.
You can checkout through Cakap mobile app and website
Via mobile app:
- Login to your account
- Tap "Buy" account on app's home
- Learning packages will be shown. Swipe right to choose your preferred learning package
- Choose your payment method (only payment with BCA or Mandiri transfer can be done on mobile app)
- Tap "Confirm" button on the right bottom corner
- You will get an SMS containing invoice number and Cakap's official bank account number
- Login to your account
- Click "Buy Package" menu on the navigation which is on the left side of the page
- Click "Courses" sub-menu
- Click "Buy" button below the information card of your preferred learning package
- Choose your payment method (Credit Card/ BCA Transfer/ Mandiri Transfer/ Mandiri ClickPay/ Mandiri Installment/ Paypal)
- Click "Buy" on the right bottom corner
- You will get an SMS containing invoice number and Cakap's official bank account number (if you choose bank transfer payment method)
Prepare these things before you start the class:
- Cakap mobile app, if you want to use your smartphone
- RTC (https://student.cakap.com), if you want to use your laptop
- Headphones or earphones enhanced with a microphone
- The learning material you downloaded
- 1 Mbps of internet connection speed
Via website, you can click "Progress" menu on the navigation which is on the left side. Via Cakap mobile app, you can tap "My Class" on the main menu, then tap "Progress" icon. These are kinds of reports that you receive:
- Teacher Comment: this is what your teacher gives you every time you finish a session
- Periodical Report: this will be given if you reach 20 sessions
- Completion Report: this will be given if you complete a sub-level (e.g.: High Beginner)
Via mobile app:
- On app homepage, you can see "My Next Class" part with a countdown. The countdown will still run until the class you booked starts.
- Tap on "Enter Class Now" button which will emerge after the countdown stops. "My Next Class" will turn into "Your Class is Live Now" after the countdown stops.
- Click on "My Class" menu on the navigation which is on the left side. Then, see "My Next Class" part.
- As long as your booked class hasn't started, the countdown (Time Remaining part) will still run and the "Enter Class" button is not clickable.
- If the countdown stops, click on "Enter Class" button."
Via website, you can check the assignments given to you on "Exercise" menu on the navigation which is on the left side.
Via Cakap mobile app, tap "My Class" on the main menu, then tap "Exercise" icon.
Yes, you can cancel classes via Cakap mobile app or the website.
How to cancel classes via mobile app:
1. Choose "My Class" on the main menu
2. Choose the class you want to cancel on "Booked Classes" part
3. Tap "Cancel Class" on the bottom
How to cancel classes via website:
1. Choose "My Class" menu on the navigation which is on the left side
2. On "Booked Class" column, choose the class that you want to cancel
3. Click "Cancel" button, then click "Yes" on the confirmation page
Note: You can only cancel at least 3 hours before the class you want to cancel starts.
More Questions? Contact Our Student Success Team
Monday to Sunday,
we're ready to help you
+62 812 1833 8653
We'll reply your emails,
as soon as possible.
Chat us if you expect
an immediate help.