- Basic Info
- How It Works
- Curriculum and Certification
Cakap Privat is a 6-month or 1-year foreign languages e-learning program that involves two-way interactions using smartphones (through Cakap mobile app) or laptops (through RTC).
English, Mandarin, Japanese, and Bahasa Indonesia.
It's a 25-minute class for English and a 45-minute class for Mandarin, Japanese, or Bahasa Indonesia.
For Mandarin course, Cakap provides:
- Regular Mandarin
- Mandarin for Business
- Mandarin Conversation
- General English (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert)
- Grammar Focus
- Test preparations (TOEFL, IELTS, & TOEIC)
- English for Kids
- Job Interview
- Business English
- Free Talk (learning is done without any fixed materials; only talking about random stuffs)
- General Japanese
- JLPT Preparation (N2-N5)
- General Indonesian (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
You can choose one of these packages for each language you want to learn:
- Brush Up (1 session/ day)
- Skills Building (2 sessions/ day)
- Intensive (3 sessions/ day) and you can choose 6-month or a-year learning period for the packages above
After registering, you will get free trial class for once. In your free session, you'll have a placement test. Your placement test result will be received in 24 hours since your placement test time.
You can book your classes through the website or Cakap mobile app:
How to book via mobile app:
- Choose "Booking" tab on the main menu
- Schedules will be shown in grids. Green grids represent schedules that you can book, whereas red grids represent occupied schedules
- Tap on a schedule you prefer
- Tap "Book" button under the photo of the teacher you've chosen
- Confirmation pop-up will be shown. Tap "Yes" if you wish to book the certain schedule and teacher, tap "Back" if you change your mind instead.
How to book via website:
- Choose "Book Class" menu on navigation bar which is on the left side
- Choose "Calendar" sub-menu
- Schedules will be shown in grids. Blue grids represent schedules that you can book, red grids represent occupied schedules, and gray grids represent unavailable schedules as there are no teachers who open the slots.
- Click on a schedule you prefer
- Click on the teacher's photo to choose the teacher whom you want to study with
- Click "Book Class" to confirm your booking, click "Cancel" if you want to change the schedule or the teacher
Note: You're allowed to book at least 6 hours before your preferred class starts.
You can download the materials through the website or Cakap mobile app.
Via website, you can find them on Materials menu on the navigation which is on the left side.
Via mobile app, you can find them on My Class tab of the main menu, then tap Materials.
You can checkout through Cakap mobile app and website
Via mobile app:
- Login to your account
- Tap "Buy" account on app's home
- Learning packages will be shown. Swipe right to choose your preferred learning package
- Choose your payment method (only payment with BCA or Mandiri transfer can be done on mobile app)
- Tap "Confirm" button on the right bottom corner
- You will get an SMS containing invoice number and Cakap's official bank account number
- Login to your account
- Click "Buy Package" menu on the navigation which is on the left side of the page
- Click "Courses" sub-menu
- Click "Buy" button below the information card of your preferred learning package
- Choose your payment method (Credit Card/ BCA Transfer/ Mandiri Transfer/ Mandiri ClickPay/ Mandiri Installment/ Paypal)
- Click "Buy" on the right bottom corner
- You will get an SMS containing invoice number and Cakap's official bank account number (if you choose bank transfer payment method)
Prepare these things before you start the class:
- Cakap mobile app, if you want to use your smartphone
- RTC (https://student.cakap.com), if you want to use your laptop
- Headphones or earphones enhanced with a microphone
- The learning material you downloaded
- 1 Mbps of internet connection speed
Via website, you can click "Progress" menu on the navigation which is on the left side. Via Cakap mobile app, you can tap "My Class" on the main menu, then tap "Progress" icon. These are kinds of reports that you receive:
- Teacher Comment: this is what your teacher gives you every time you finish a session
- Periodical Report: this will be given if you reach 20 sessions
- Completion Report: this will be given if you complete a sub-level (e.g.: High Beginner)
Via mobile app:
- On app homepage, you can see "My Next Class" part with a countdown. The countdown will still run until the class you booked starts.
- Tap on "Enter Class Now" button which will emerge after the countdown stops. "My Next Class" will turn into "Your Class is Live Now" after the countdown stops.
- Click on "My Class" menu on the navigation which is on the left side. Then, see "My Next Class" part.
- As long as your booked class hasn't started, the countdown (Time Remaining part) will still run and the "Enter Class" button is not clickable.
- If the countdown stops, click on "Enter Class" button."
Via website, you can check the assignments given to you on "Exercise" menu on the navigation which is on the left side.
Via Cakap mobile app, tap "My Class" on the main menu, then tap "Exercise" icon.
Yes, you can cancel classes via Cakap mobile app or the website.
How to cancel classes via mobile app:
1. Choose "My Class" on the main menu
2. Choose the class you want to cancel on "Booked Classes" part
3. Tap "Cancel Class" on the bottom
How to cancel classes via website:
1. Choose "My Class" menu on the navigation which is on the left side
2. On "Booked Class" column, choose the class that you want to cancel
3. Click "Cancel" button, then click "Yes" on the confirmation page
Note: You can only cancel at least 3 hours before the class you want to cancel starts.
More Questions? Contact Our Student Success Team
Monday to Sunday,
we're ready to help you
+62 812 1833 8653
We'll reply your emails,
as soon as possible.
Chat us if you expect
an immediate help.