Cakap TERMS OF SERVICE
Cakap wants to create a good, conducive and positive online foreign language learning community. Thus we compile terms and conditions to regulate the use of services offered by PT Cerdas Digital Nusantara related to the use of the site www.cakap.com. User is advised to read and understand carefully the rules that are set because they affect the rights and obligations of Users under the law.
By agreeing, registering and / or using the site www.cakap.com, User is deemed to have read, understood and agreed to all contents in the terms and conditions set. If the users do not approve one, part or all of the contents of the terms and conditions, the user is not permitted to use the service at www.cakap.com
Last Updated: February 26th 2021
- Understand basic knowledge in operating Windows or Mac.
- Have a personal computer or smartphone; recommended laptop or Android/IOS Mobile Phone.
- Have a minimum internet connection of 1Mbps.
- User is willing to prepare his/her personal image or be photographed digitally for documentation and certification purposes. Cakap does not have a right to distribute the image without the user’s permission.
- Registration can be done by filling out the form on the cakap.com page and or on our apps. Our Study Advisor will call you to help for the registration process.
- When you enroll for a Course, you will also be required to upload certain information, such as, Name, Address, Date of Birth, uploading a profile picture or verifying a phone number, Gender, Occupation and your Needs in buying Cakap Course. Any Member wishing to enroll for any of the Courses must meet these requirements and provide correct information that can be supported by legal documents.
- You are responsible for safeguarding your Credential. You agree that you will not disclose your credential to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Cakap Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Cakap of any unauthorized use of your Cakap Account.
- You will start to subscribe in 1 X 24 hours after making a payment. You can delay your learning period by 30 days from your payment agreement.
- Cakap only sends the invoice through email@example.com, Cakap is not responsible for any forms of fraud for payments made by others accounts. Cakap Study Advisor will also help to send payment invoice when explaining the payment method, as well as during the process of reminding payments for users who have not made a payment.
- Purchased packages will not be refunded and or transferred to other accounts.
- When Cakap Study Advisor contacts a potential User, all telephone conversations will be recorded for convenience during transactions
- Bank Transfer (BCA and Mandiri Account).
- PTCerdas Digital Nusantara
Account No: 8040141180 | BCA Muara Karang Utara Branch Office
Account No: 1680000873826 | Bank Mandiri Pantai Indah Kapuk Branch Office
* We are not responsible for payments out of the account holder mentioned above.
- PTCerdas Digital Nusantara
- Credit Card or payment through Mandiri Klik provided by Veritrans.
- Cash by visiting Cakap office.
- Payments via Go-pay, Tokopedia, Blibli and Shopee
- Transfer or payment via PayPal account
- Cakap working hours starts from Monday to Sunday at 08:00 to 21:00 (UTC+7). Our Study Advisor working hours on weekdays starts from 09:00 – 18:00 (UTC + 7) and on weekends starts from 08:00 – 17:00 (UTC + 7)
- Our Student Support & Success and technicians will be ready to help Sobat Cakap during business hours. To contact technician service, please make an appointment in advance.
- The total active days in Cakap each month will be different each month. Sobat Cakap will be notified on the website page or via email.
- Holidays for Mandarin classes based on Chinese and Indonesian calendars. Holidays for English and English for kids classes based on Philippine and Indonesian calendars. Holidays for Japanese classes based on Japanese and Indonesian calendars. And holidays for Bahasa classes based on Indonesian calendars.
- Cakap Chinese, Japanese, and Indonesian classes will be 45 minutes length. While the study time for Cakap English and Cakap English for Kids classes are 25 minutes.
- Sobat Cakap who does not attend the class for more than 15 minutes after the class starts will be considered as absent.
- Sobat Cakap must attend a class for at least 15 minutes to be considered present/attend the class.
- The learning package with credit sessions, is a study program that frees students to determine how many study times will be taken in a month (maximum 3 sessions in 1 day).
- Learning packages with periodic meeting sessions, divided into 3 packages:
- Brush Up : A study program for 6 months period (180 days) or 12 months (356 days) which has maximum 1 booking session per day. If user does not attend the class on the previous day, it cannot be accumulated on the next day.
- Skill Building : A study program for 6 months period (180 days) or 12 months (356 days) which has maximum 2 booking sessions per day. If user does not attend the class on the previous day, it cannot be accumulated on the next day.
- Intensive : A study program for 6 months period (180 days) or 12 months (356 days) which has maximum 3 booking sessions per day. If user does not attend the class on the previous day, it cannot be accumulated on the next day.
- Sobat Cakap is suggested to take lessons 3 to 4 times a week.
- Our classes start from morning to evening. However, when it is related to the availability of teachers, the Capable Party will re-ensure the Availability of the Teachers if they have been booked by other Sobat Cakap.
- To maintain the teaching quality at Cakap, several lessons will be recorded and stored on Cakap server. And the Recorded became entirely the sole right of Cakap
- A lateness in entering a classroom when the class starts will reduce the duration of learning process that has been determined (in the “Lessonsand Schedules” section point (1)).
- Our teachers give a maximum 5 minutes tolerance from the booking time so you can still enjoy the full duration of study.
- Our teachers will wait up to 15 minutes lateness from the booking time so you can enjoy the remaining class duration.
- After the student has been completing a certain criteria for level completion (including but not limited to hours of instruction completed, materials, exams, and improvement in their speaking skills) the student will be awarded with an upgrade in their level and a certificate for completion for that particular level
- Level progression and certification of the student in Cakap are the sole right of Cakap as a learning institution and to be awarded based on the discretion by the Head of Teachers / Course Managers according to the internal academic standards
- Sobat Cakap is required to attend and complete the mid-exam and the final exam to enter the next level.
- Sobat Cakap who has not completed the mid-exam or final exam, cannot book a class or go to the next level.
- Mid-examination takes place every mid-material in one semester. Meanwhile, the final exam takes place at the end of the semester.
- Sobat Cakap has one chance to repeat the exam if Sobat Cakap fails to complete the final exam within 1 week after the exam.
- Sobat Cakap can choose the teacher based on the calendar on your student’s If you have difficulty in choosing a teacher, you can contact our Student Support & Success to assist you to choose the available teacher that is suitable for you.
- If your selected teacher cannot attend the class due to sick or on leave, we are responsible for providing a substitute teacher.
- Sobat Cakap who does not attend in the booked class (stated on “Learning Duration and Attendances” point 3), will be considered as taken class. And the study period of the users will be deducted by 1 day. Please contact Cakap Student Support & Success for more information.
- In case of Sobat Cakap is not attending scheduled group and credit based classes, the course will continue as scheduled and any missed materials and lessons solely held as the responsibility of the user.
- Sobat Cakap must book a class with the instructor no later than 6 hours beforehand.
- Sobat Cakap is allowed to cancel a class within maximum 3 hours before class starts.
- Sobat Cakap who has already purchased a package but due to reasons of vacation, extended sickness may apply for a study leave. Application of study leave must be notified to our Student Support & Success for no later than 3 days in advance
- Sobat Cakap can freeze the account or take a leave by paying Rp 200,000 / maximum leave time 30 days. Contact our Student Support & Success to temporarily disable your Cakap account.
- When the Sobat Cakap wants to re-activate the remaining learning period (Unfreeze), please contact Our Student Success to re-activate your account.
- If there is a network or hardware problem from the teachers, we are responsible to move the class time into the appropriate time. Cakap users need to report the problem to Our Student Support & Success within 3 days after the class is held.
- If a network or hardware problem occurs from the Sobat Cakap side during the class, the class will not be replaced.
- Every Sobat Cakap has some points to reschedule or cancel class. The number of cancellation points varies according to the learning package that has been paid.
- Sobat Cakap is not allowed to have activities out of class time with the teachers beyond cakap platform. Cakap is not responsible for All transgressions committed by the Cakap Person if the activities are carried out outside the Cakap
- Sobat Cakap is not allowed to transfer the remaining lessons to other Sobat Cakap or other parties without any notice to Cakap Student Support & Success.
- Each individual is only allowed to register 1 account on the platform. Only registered user is allowed to enjoy the benefits of studying at Cakap. We prohibit 1 user account used for several users and Cakap has the right to block the account.
- Sobat Cakap is expected to give polite, clear, and appropriate responses to current discussion topics. All messages that offend Ethnicity, Religion, Race, and other Groups of People; contain abusive and hateful speech, sexual tendencies, and regional jargon or dialects are prohibited
- Teachers and Cakap Representatives can and / or are allowed to take an appropriate action when Sobat Cakap gives inappropriate behavior or some uncomfortable acts which can make the classes become not conducive.
- Teachers and Cakap Representatives can and / or are allowed to take firm action and if necessary take legal steps against all forms of Actions and / or Words and / or Statements that contain contents of violations of decency, moral norms, ethics that applicable in Indonesia and distributed directly or indirectly through electronic media and / or social media in any form where the implementation mechanism and the application of sanctions are subject to the provisions of the prevailing laws and regulations in Indonesia
- As for the provisions as referred to in Point 5 and Point 6 of these Terms and Conditions, Teachers and Cakap Representatives can provide Firm Action and / or sanctions in the form of:
- Oral warnings including but not limited to warnings given by teachers to students in any form;
- Written warnings that are made in a standard format in the form of letters and addressed to students who commit violations as referred to in Point 5 and Point 6 of these terms and conditions;
- Teachers and Cakap Representatives can and / or are allowed to suspend Accounts if oral and written warnings are ignored and / or ignored by the students concerned;
- Teachers and Cakap Representatives can and / or are allowed to take legal measures if the student is still in violation as referred to in Point 5 and Point 6 of these Terms and Conditions;
- Sobat Cakap is expected to learn from our system and not expected to reach our Cakap representative (Teachers, Supports, and Sales) beyond Cakap platform.
- In group classes, Sobat Cakap is expected to have valid and inoffensive user names to have better collaborative learning with the rest of the groups
By visiting or using the Site you agree that these Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with Indonesia law. The courts of Indonesia have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute between you and us, irrespective of whether you are a registered user/subscriber and irrespective of the type of dispute. You agree not to commence or prosecute any action against us other than in the courts of Indonesia and you hereby consent to, and waive all defences of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non- convenience with respect to, venue and jurisdiction of the courts of Indonesia. Notwithstanding this, you agree that we shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction. Cakap makes efforts to ensure that its publications, advertising and offers on this site fully meet the requirements of Indonesia Law where it is intended for such content to be viewed. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Cakap. Cakap shall be entitled to enforce this agreement on its own behalf and on behalf of and for the benefit of its affiliated entities. Apart from affiliated entities who shall be entitled to enforce the terms of this agreement in the same way as Cakap, nothing in this agreement shall confer on any third party any right or benefit under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Cakap may immediately suspend or terminate your access to our site and application without notice if any breach of these Terms and Conditions of use by you is brought to our attention.
If you violate these terms and conditions, we will take deliberation approaches to reach consensus. However, if these efforts are not successful, then we will take decisive action and if necessary, we will seek a legal settlement related to violations committed by Sobat Cakap
Your registration may be terminated and your profile and any content or information that you have posted on this sites or apps may be deleted at any time. We may prohibit you from using or accessing this site and apps for any reason, at any time in our sole discretion, with or without notice. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to any use of this site and apps, also after your registration was terminated.
PT Cerdas Digital Nusantara
Jl. Makaliwe Raya No.36, RT.2/RW.5, Grogol
Grogol Petamburan- West Jakarta 11450
(+62) 812 1833 8653
Seventh North Road 69, Room 1410
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.